- 4 pers. -
- 1 can (540 ml) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley (or other herbs to taste)
- 2 French shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, halved and degermed
- 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ofolive oil with basil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ofchipotle olive oil, for cooking
- 10 minutes. cooking 30min. -
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients (except the olive oil with Mexican spices) and mix until you get an almost smooth dough with more small pieces of chickpeas.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into a dozen falafels, making small balls, like a stew.
- On a lined sheet pan, brush olive oil with Mexican spices and top with falafels.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning the falafels halfway through cooking