The FIG. It is one of the best fruits for health, source of many vitamins A, K, B1, B5, B6 and minerals calcium, copper, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, more than in most other fruits.ruits.
Like many fruits, figs reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, certain cancers and certain chronic diseases such as diabetes.
Some of the benefits of dried figs include:
- Excellent for heart health and blood pressure
- Due to its high source of iron, very good for pregnant women and vegans
- Being a good source of magnesium, it prevents fatigue, stress, brittle hair and nails
Thedried fig is very rich in antioxidants and more fiber than prunes, so it facilitates digestion and is recommended especially for constipation.s.
Yield: 12 muffins
Preparation time: 40-50 min
1/2 cup brown sugar brown sugarn)
1/2 cup coconut yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups organic carrots, peeled and grated about 22)
1/2 cup Gluten Free oatsn
1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
2 tbsp. baking powdere)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup pecans or almonds, coarsely choppednt
3/4 cup organic dried figs, finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F..
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, coconut yogurt, orange juice and carrots.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon..
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients while stirring. Finish by adding the nuts and figs.
- Distribute the preparation so that it is three-quarters full of lightly oiled muffin cups, or lined with reusable paper or silicone cups.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the middle of the oven.