When it comes to baking a delicious vegan cake, I absolutely love making this lemon blueberry cake.
Tender on the outside, chewy on the inside, loaded with good blueberries and a hint of lemon, this truly is an amazing cake. In season or not, it remains delicious year round and can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries.
Simple, simple, simple. You will love that it is vegan and gluten free. So, without butter, without milk and without eggs!
How to Make a Vegan Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Cake?
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour- Make sure to sift your flour to make sure there are no lumps in the dough. (Also made with regular all-purpose flour if you are gluten tolerant
- Add baking soda to vinegar to help soften the cake and make it rise without eggs..
- Salt - Brings out the sweetness.
- Sugar - Preferably organic cane sugar (or white sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar)
- Organic lemon juice For a good lemony tasteé
- Organic lemon zest to enhance the lemon flavor
- Vinegar - Use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Lemon infused olive oil (or a neutral olive oil, but even tastier with lemon infused oil.
- Plant-based drink - Mix everything together. I use an almond drink, but you can substitute whatever you prefer, or even milk and even water.
- Fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw.
How to keep blueberries from sinking into the cake
To prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the cake, lightly mix your blueberries in flour before adding them to the mixture.
Tips for making the best cake
- Try to use fresh blueberries rather than frozen, as this will ensure the cake is evenly baked. If you can only use frozen products, do not thaw them first.
- The make and model of the oven can affect the baking time of the cake. Baking this cake should take about 35-40 minutes, but check the doneness on the one hand after 30 minutes, (if it still looks soft in the center, leave the oven closed) and then with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
- This makes one cake. I like the loaf pan size, but also makes a nice round cake in an 8 inch pan. For a two-tiered cake, double the ingredients. For a three-tiered cake, triple the ingredients.s.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to thevanilla frosting to add a lemon flavor.
Storing and freezing the blueberry lemon cake
- To store: Blueberry Lemon Cake should be stored in the refrigerator, as it will spoil at room temperature. Store the cake in a sealed container or covered with plastic wrap. Thus, your cake will keep for 5 days.
- To Freeze: The remaining cake slices can be placed in a freezer bag and stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: about 35-40 min.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 C. baking soda
- 1 cup of organic cane sugar (or other, as mentioned above)
- 2 servings ofLYNQ Empowdered Blend - General Health - Flavor Free (optional, but adds great nutritional value to the recipe)
- 1 C. white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp. tablespoonlemon infused olive oil (or other neutral olive oil, but lemon oil adds a little something extra!)*** add only 5 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil if you omit adding the portions of LYNQ ***
- 3/4 cup of your choice of vegetable drink (or even milk or water)
- 1/4 cup organic lemon juice
- The zest of an organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup optional icing of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F. Grease and flour your loaf or round cake pan and set aside.z.
- In a large bowl, combine your flour and baking soda and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients, including the cane sugar, until the sugar is melted. Add your wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until well blended. Add the floured blueberries and fold gently. .
- Transfer the cake batter to the lined cake pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack before frosting, if desired.
Enjoy your meal!!!