A FEW TIPS FOR REPLENISHING ENERGY
- Prepare sandwiches made from whole grains with enough protein to sustain longer. Two eggs or at least 60 g of meat, poultry, fish will provide enough protein. To prevent the lunch from freezing in the car, it is best to put it in a large insulated bag.
- For skiers who want a hot meal, a thermos topped with a meal soup (lentils, minestrone, for example) or a simmered dish (chickpea curry, chicken cacciatore, etc.) is always a good option. Be sure to heat the thermos for 10 minutes with boiling water before putting food in it and heat your meal well before putting it in the thermos. Our in-house tests confirm that the lunch will stay hot for 3-4 hours.
- Snacks are practical and make up for the lack of energy. Among the snacks that slip into the ski jacket:granola bars (go for those with less than 8 g of sugar and 4 g of fiber and more), dried fruit bars, individually wrapped cheese,small bags of roasted chickpeas, fig biscuits, date-based energy balls).
- Remember to hydrate yourself well even if the thirst is less present than during summer sports. Water fountains may be difficult to access, plan to bring water in reusable bottles. Remember to drink especially in the morning, because the water may freeze in your car after a few hours. You can also take a small 200 ml format of juice diluted with water (Oasis Hydrafruit) with you. When you return, remember to warm up and hydrate yourself with a hot drink (hot cinnamon milk,tisane or onegood hot chocolate) and refuel with an essentially carbohydrate dinner such as pasta topped with tomato sauce or even a risotto. Good day of skiing!
PRACTICAL AND HEALTH PRODUCTS TO DISCOVER
- energy balls Fit-Fit are made from quality ingredients, with no added sugar and no additives. Their lists of ultra-simple ingredients reveal the presence of purees of dates or figs and nuts (hazelnut, walnuts or coconut). They provide 2g of fiber per scoop. Energy discs are also super practical, as they slip perfectly into the ski jacket. To discover them: fitfitfit.fit