Vitamin C :
«The anti-fatigue or the booster, as we know it. Vitamin C, also called ascorbic acid, is water soluble, and therefore cannot be stored in our body. It must therefore be consumed to be absorbed. It is also eliminated very quickly from our body.me.
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- Strengthens the immune system. Vitamin C is known for its contribution to the immune system, first and foremost! It is true that the reflex is to consume it at the onset of a cold or flu.
- It is involved in the production of collagen. It therefore plays an important role in the healing process of wounds and fractures, as well as in slowing down the aging process.
- Plays an essential role in the construction of the skeleton and the dentition
- Powerful antioxidant, neutralizing free radicals
- Maintains healthy blood vessels and helps prevent cardiovascular disorders
- Promotes healthy skin, hair and nails
- Protects the body against the possible development of cancer
- Promotes weight loss
- Has an effective antihistamine action in the treatment of allergies
- Improves mood, helps reduce stress, fatigue and anxiety
Symptoms of vitamin C deficiency:
It is quite rare nowadays to see a real deficiency in vitamin C. A deficiency would rather have another cause, such a malabsorption of food due to an illness, a higher demand of the body (eg pregnancy, infectious disease, etc. ). It is more often detected in the elderly, alcoholics or smokers.
Symptoms can be:
- Susceptibility to infections
- Small capillary haemorrhages
- Slower wound healing
- And possibly, in severe cases, scurvy.
Available on fitfitfit.fit in 6 versions: