Catherine is a huge football fan. Every year, she loves to organize an evening with friends to listen to football.
However, she hates eating chicken wings because removing the tiny bones is too much work and the pile of bone piling up makes her hungry.
She presents to you the recipe for cauliflower wings that she adopted, which, in addition to being economical, favorable for your health, will delight your vegetarians and vegans.
« CHIPOTLE CAULIFLOWER WINGSE
- 1 cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-size pieces
- ¾ cup of flour (your choice)
- 1 cup of milk (or unsweetened vegetable drink for the vegan version)
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons ofgarlic olive oil (optional) or regular
- 3 tablespoons ofchipotle olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Sriracha-style hot sauce to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower bites and mix well
- On a baking sheet, brush about half the olive oil with the garlic and top with the cauliflower bites, then bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, combine the chipotle olive oil, maple syrup and hot sauce.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and pour it into the bowl with the chipotle olive oil seasoning, then mix well.
- Brush the baking sheet again with the other half of the garlic olive oil, top with the cauliflower bites and bake for another 10 minutes.
SERVE HOT AND TASTE!
Note that you can serve these cauliflower wings with your favorite sauces, replacing half the mayonnaise with plain Greek yogurt for an even more satiating and less fatty accompaniment!
GOOD APPETITE AND GOOD MATCH!
This recipe is a creation of the collaborator of Olives et Gourmandises, Dorothée Buteau-Poulin, nutritionist-dietitian