When summer draws to a close to let fall set in, everyone is always thinking of going apple picking with friends or family.
Why not make a change and surprise your loved ones by taking them to pick your own pears.
Yes, it is quite possible to pick this fruit with a flesh just as juicy and sweet as an apple near us.
You can then make this delicious Pear, Pecan and Goat Cheese Meal Salad recipe.
MEAL SALAD WITH PEARS, PECANES AND GOAT CHEESE
(FOR 4 PEOPLE)
- 4 cups of well-pressed arugula
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 pears, cut into thin slices
- 100 gr of natural goat cheese (creamy type, easy to crumble)
- ½ cup raw pecans, coarsely chopped
- 60 ml of mild extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of pear and cranberry white balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, cooked quinoa, sliced pears, crumbled goat cheese and chopped pecans.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the oil and balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss, then enjoy.
GOOD PICKUP AND GOOD APPETITE!
Recipe courtesy of Olives et Gourmandises