The Caprese salad, originally from the Island of Capri in Italy, is now prepared around the world. Here it is especially delicious in summer, when the tomatoes and herbs are fresh and come straight from the garden.
When you're running out of inspiration for your cherry tomatoes, here's a particularly delicious way to use them.
We pimp the vinaigrette from thea LYNQ fruit and vegetable powder - General Health - flavorless Empowered, just add even more nutrients to this simple recipe.
- 2 cassettes of mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar of bocconcini pearls, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon LYNQ Empowered Unflavored Superfood Powder
- 1/4 cup ofArbenica sweet olive oil from Spain Olives and Delicacies (or evenBasil infused olive oil or for an even more Italian "twist",olive oil infused with Tuscan Herbs)
- 2 tablespoons ofDark Traditional Balsamic Vinegar Olives and Delicacies
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (for the FODMAP-free diet (See Article:The low FODMAP diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS or IBS)
, replace the teaspoon of garlic with 2 tablespoons ofgarlic infused olive oil, and put 2 tablespoons less sweet olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes and the bocconcini pearls.
To make the dressing, combine the dressing ingredients with a whisk until well blended.
Toss dressing with tomato and bocconcini mixture. Eat as is or cover the salad and let sit in the fridge to infuse the flavors before eating.