✰ Dairy free
✰ No added sugar
Looking for an easy to make protein snack recipe idea that will support you? article by Marie-Noël Marsan, Nutritionist: The ABCs of the ideal snack).
This bar is also great as a pre- or post-workout snack.
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa buckwheat flakes
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 to ½ cup of 70% organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds*
- 2 scoops ofProtein ATP Lab - Organic Vegan Blend Vanilla (or for beaksvery chocolatey, you could opt for theATP LAB protein mix - Organic Vegan Dark Chocolate Mix)
- 1/3 to ½ cup unsweetened nut beverage (I love Natura's unsweetened Almond Coconut Beverage)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl
- Add eggs and nut drink
- Mix vigorously until homogeneous
- Add nut drink if needed. Be careful, it is important not to add too much liquid. We are looking for a biscuit texture (theoretically you could make energy balls).
- Spread on a baking mat or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 350F for 8 minutes.
- Cut into rectangles
- Let stand and refrigerate in an airtight glass container.
* Add pumpkin seeds for crunch and a good dose of ZINC. (you can go to the article The 10 foods richest in zinc , you will find the description of the benefits of zinc).
Zinc, this trace element which:
➡️ Boost the immune system (that's good, winter is coming))
➡️ Participates in over 320 biochemical reactions
➡️ Participates in the synthesis of testosterone and its balance
➡️ Promotes the synthesis of testosterone to DHT (the testosterone responsible for prostate enlargement and hair loss)
Article written by Émilie Riendeau
Naturopath, B.Sc, ND, K.In
Émilie Riendeau can be reached on her social networks: instagram or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org