Simply because we live in North America. The angle of the Earth does not allow us to assimilate vitamin D at these times of the year. And what's more, who will expose their legs, arms and face for a MINIMUM of 15 minutes, every day, in winter?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Did you know that vitamin D expert, Dr. John White, does his research at McGill University He is a professor of physiology, and led many of McGill University's vitamin D studies. ⠀⠀⠀
What is the role (or rather THE roles) of vitamin D?
- 'Booster' number 1 of the immune system. Our great ally against viruses (covid included). https://www.lapresse.ca/covid-19/2021-02-10/combattre-le-coronavirus-avec-la-vitamine-d.php⠀Yes, vitamin D is important for the functioning of the immune system and vitamin D supplements have already been shown to reduce the risk of viral respiratory tract infections, said Dr. David Meltzer, lead author of the statement recently. following a study by researchers at the University of Chicago.o.
According to Dr. White, vitamin D can act in two ways on immunity, he explains. First by stimulating the innate immune system to kill or at least slow down the virus, but also by sending a signal tending to prevent white blood cells from releasing too many inflammatory cytokines. However, COVID-19 is known to cause this cytokine storm which can severely damage the lungs, cause acute respiratory distress syndrome and lead to death.s.
- It promotes bone health, by improving the absorption of calcium, and that of the skin.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- It has anti-inflammatory properties⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- It enters the process of the synthesis of dopamine (motivation) and serotonin (mood and sleep)⠀⠀⠀
- It has anticarcinogenic properties⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- It helps to prevent SEASONAL DEPRESSION⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What vitamin D to get and why is it important? ⭐BIOAVAILABILITY⭐
- In order of effectiveness:
2- vitamin D3 in capsule
3- vitamin D3 tablet (not really, actually)
4- vitamin D3 style Crunchy fire stones 99.9% sugar (Uhhh. No)..
Note that thevitamin D3 + K2 has a better action on bone health and better use of vitamin D.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Also, the oil used is very important. We want a pure oil that is not rancid and that is not a canola oil, and the presence of antioxidants to prevent its oxidation.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I recommend a quality vitamin D, such asATP, or Metagenics, Designs For Health and Orthomolecular Product, available at my clinic.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The dosage depends on individual needs. As a general rule, I recommend 2000IU/day for a healthy individual (non-athlete).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I also recommend a daily dose instead of a weekly dose.
Article written by Émilie Riendeau
Naturopath, B.Sc, ND, K.In
Émilie Riendeau can be reached on her social networks: instagram or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org