Quite simply because we live in North America. The angle of the Earth does not allow us to assimilate vitamin D at these times of the year. And what's more, who will expose their legs, arms and face for MINIMUM 15 minutes and this every day, in winter?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Did you know that vitamin D expert Dr. John White does his research at McGill University. He is a professor of physiology, and has led much of the vitamin D studies at McGill University. ⠀⠀⠀
What is the role (or rather THE roles) of vitamin D?
- The number 1 immune system booster. Our great ally against viruses (covid included). https://www.lapresse.ca/covid-19/2021-02-10/combattre-le-coronavirus-avec-la-vitamine-d.php⠀Yes, vitamin D is important for the functioning of the immune system and vitamin D supplements have already been shown to reduce the risk of viral infections of the respiratory tract, said David Meltzer, lead author of the press release recently. following a study by researchers at the University of Chicago.o.
According to Dr. White, Vitamin D can affect immunity in two ways, he explains. First by stimulating the innate immune system to kill or at least slow down the virus, but also by sending a signal to prevent white blood cells from releasing too many inflammatory cytokines. However, COVID-19 is known to cause this cytokine storm which can severely damage the lungs, cause acute respiratory distress syndrome and lead to death.s.
- It promotes bone health, by improving the absorption of calcium, and that of the skin.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- It has anti-inflammatory properties⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- It enters the process of the synthesis of dopamine (motivation) and serotonin (mood and sleep)⠀⠀⠀
- It has anticarcinogenic properties⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- It helps prevent SEASONAL DEPRESSION⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What vitamin D to get and why is it important? ⭐BIOAVAILABILITY⭐
- In order of efficiency:
2- vitamin D3 in capsule
3- vitamin D3 tablet (not really, actually)
4- Vitamin D3 Crunchy Fire Stones 99.9% Sugar (Uhhh. No)..
Note that thevitamin D3 + K2 has a better effect on bone health and better use of vitamin D.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Also, the oil used is very important. A pure, non-rancid oil which is not a canola oil is desired, and the presence of antioxidants to prevent oxidation thereof.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I recommend a quality vitamin D, such asATP, or Metagenics, Designs For Health and Orthomolecular Product, available at my clinic.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The dosage depends on individual needs. As a general rule, I recommend 2000IU / day for a healthy individual (non-athlete).⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I also recommend a daily dose instead of a weekly dose.
Article written by Émilie Riendeau
Naturopath, B. Sc, ND, K. In
Émilie Riendeau can be reached on her social networks: Instagram or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org⠀