How to give a little "kick" to your salads
By adding caramelized nuts!
Recently, I had fun experimenting with different ways to "caramelize" my pecans. Maple syrup and honey are always a winner, but what I like is using aBourbon and Maple infused balsamic vinegar!
What happiness in the mouth!
How to make caramelized pecans?
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté 1/2 cup pecans for 3 minutes or until just starting to toast.
- Then add 1 tsp. butter and make sure that the melted butter coats them well.
- Add 2 tbsp. Bourbon and Maple balsamic vinegar. Pepper.
- Continue to cook the pecans for about 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the balsamic vinegar thickens and sticks to the nuts, you can remove from the heat and let the nuts cool.