The end of the year holidays are approaching and it will soon be time to prepare the holiday menu. Many would like to offer a healthy meal, without sacrificing the pleasure of tasting, but do not know where to start. In this article, you will find tips for putting together a balanced holiday menu as well as three menu suggestions for your New Year's Eve dinner.
What is a balanced holiday menu?
A balanced holiday menu:
- Incorporates a variety of foods from different groups (vegetables and fruits, whole grain foods and protein foods)
- Limit the use of highly processed foods
- Favor water as a drink (or drink alcohol in moderation, after all, it's the holidays)
- Takes into account your dietary preferences
How to proceed?
Here are some tips for putting together a balanced holiday menu:
- Plan your holiday menu in advance by selecting your recipes and making your shopping list. This will allow you to make the most of your time at the grocery store and avoid oversights.
- Allow time for cooking. For example, by preparing recipes that can be cooked ahead and frozen. This will reduce your workload on Christmas Day and limit your consumption of highly processed foods.
- Ask for help with menu planning and preparation. The holiday season is a great time to get kids, family and friends involved in the kitchen.
Some ideas for balanced holiday menus
Traditional holiday menu
Entrance : Coleslaw
Main course : Stuffed turkey with cranberry sauce, wild rice and roasted vegetables
Dessert : Yule log (homemade with thechocolate cake mix or at theLulubelle vanilla, see the following link to know how to prepare it:https://www.facebook.com/watch/v=1033855710452347&ref=sharingg)
This traditional holiday menu uses local and seasonal produce, such as cabbage and cranberries, both rich in antioxidants.
Vegetarian holiday menu
Entrance : Squash soup
Main course : Mushroom risotto
Dessert : Tiramisu
This vegetarian holiday menu also gives pride of place to local and seasonal vegetables (squash, mushrooms) while drawing inspiration from recipes of Italian origin. In addition, winter squash are an important source ofvitamin C, which aids in the absorption of iron from plant sources.
Marine holiday menu
Entrance : Scallops
Main course : Salmon papillotes with vegetables (flavored with one of our wonderfulolive oils infused with Olives and Delicacies)
Finally, this seaside holiday menu emphasizes seafood, such as salmon, a fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for the health of the heart.
Wishing youa Good preparationand jhappyfare !🎅🤶🎄