- 2 cups of dry white beans
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 lb salted bacon or ham
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of dark maple and bourbon balsamic
- 1 C. 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 C. salt
- The day before or early in the morning, wash the white beans and let them soak in water for 12 hours. Add water along the way, if the beans absorb too much.
- The next day, drain the beans and pour them into a pot (I prefer the cast iron dish or a real good pot of ceramic baked beans!).
- Mix all the other ingredients and add them to the beans.
- Cover the beans with water (the water should exceed the beans by an inch).
Bake for 6 hours at 250 F. Add water as needed. Discover the last 30 minutes..
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
This recipe is a creation of the epicurean Catherine, collaborator of Olives et Gourmandises.