Magnesium Dossier, part 3 of 3, continued from:But what type of magnesium to choose ????)
Far from telling you to stop your children's medication ADD Attention Deficit Disorder or ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. But if we told you that it is proven that children and adults, in fact, are deficient in magnesium, and that the symptoms can be alleviated with supplementation inntation en magnesium! Would you be tempted to try Well me, I was tempted, I tried, and I adopted.opté.
A study published in 1997 in the journal Magnesium Research demonstrated that 95 of ADHD children had a magnesium deficiency 77.6 with an assessment in the hair, 58.6 with an assessment in red blood cells and 33.6 with a serum dosage. .ique).
Another 2016 study, completed on children aged 6 to 16, diagnosed with ADHD, found that 72 of the children tested had magnesium deficiency; they found a significant correlation between the level of magnesium in the hair, the I.Q. and the hyperactivity..
The deficient children were chosen at random for 2 choices of treatment. A standard medication treatment in addition to 200mg / day of magnesium or just the medication treatment for 8 consecutive weeks. Children also taking magnesium saw a significant decrease in their hyperactivity, impulsivity, inattention, opposition, and conceptual levels, compared to those taking medication alone..
Dr Marianne Moussain-Bosc, a now retired pediatrician, has spent much of her career promoting magnesium as an alternative to medication. According to his research, in 9 out of 10 cases, the cause is in fact a family abnormality linked to the transport of magnesium. We can prove it by measuring globular magnesium.
Rare is the case where we ask our doctor for a globular dosage !!! So, why not try supplementation, to see if the symptoms improve after 2 months of using good magnesium?um ?
The only contraindication: People with kidney failure should not take any supplements without consulting their doctor..
What is meant by a family anomalye?
Still according to Dr. Moussain-Bosc, we should look among the grandparents, parents, siblings of children who are deficient in magnesium for ADHD symptoms. Stress, nervousness, spasmophilia Muscle spasms, or tics, hyperexcitability, migraines, emotionality or thyroid pathology.nne.
During pregnancy, the mother could have developed depression, fatigue, anxiety, stress, sleep disturbances, uterine contractions or even a nutritional deficiency..
We speak of attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity or hyperexcitability by these clinical signs:es:
- impulsiveness : Impulsive children often react aggressively, not controlling their actions. Far from wanting to do it on purpose, they often regret their actions afterwards. They rarely trust themselves, as they are more often criticized than congratulated. They often suffer, and often feel rejected. Their anger can be intense and difficult to control.
- hyperactivity : Hyperactivity is noticed by the way in which children do not stay in place, always having to be on the move, whether at school, at home or in sports, which are, of course, very beneficial for them.x.
- school concentration disorder : The school concentration disorder is denoted by the difficulty of these children to keep their attention, to stay focused and calm. They can denote a certain delay in certain subjects, despite the fact that their intelligence is normal and they are interested in multiple activities..
- Sleep disorders : These children often have a recurring problem of difficulty falling asleep, and fears, accompanied by nightmares. They are sometimes sleepwalkers, and sleep very restlessly. They often wake up tired in the morning..
- discomfort : they sometimes have discomfort, which can sometimes lead to loss of consciousness.
- abdominal pain : they sometimes have stomach pain, sometimes leading to repetitive vomiting.
- fatigue sometimes unexplained : they are tired children, often inexplicably tired..
- tics : many of these children have tics. Bite their nails, have facial twitching, or respiratory tics, such as sniffing, coughing, or clearing their throat.
- anxiety : they are children who can be stressed, anxious.
- a depressive symptom : some of these children feel bad about themselves, are afraid of people, afraid of being sick, afraid of dying, etc..
Magnesium deficiency is not seen in regular blood tests, experts say. Dr Thérèse Ducroux, pediatrician at the Hôpital des Enfants Malades de Paris, offers a fairly simple way to check if magnesium cannot decrease the symptoms of ADHD, the therapeutic load test.e.
She proposes to give 200mg of magnesium and about 20mg of vitamin B6 for a child of 30kg, to be adjusted according to the weight, for a period of 2 to 4 months. The supplementation is then stopped to see if the symptoms reappear.t.
Difficult to measure, but simple as a technique. To choose the type of magnesium and how to take it, refer to article 2 of the series: More ... what type of magnesium to choose.?? .
From my side, I saw a difference in the symptoms of children. Give yourself a try, and give us some news!s!
- Kozielec T1, Starobrat-Hermelin B. Assessment of magnesium levels in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD. Magnes Res. 1997 Jun; 102: 143-8.3-8.
- El Baza et al. 2016. Magnesium supplementation in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Egyptian Journal of Medical Human Genetics, 171, 63-70.-70.
- Mousain-Bosc, M. 2014. Hyperactivity, the magnesium solution.m.
Article written by Audrée Hogue