How to optimize yourcoffee, and increase your energy and prolong your concentration at workwithout adding caffeine? Coffee sometimes gets a bad press, and yet it brings different benefits to the human body.
Here are some tips to maximize the effects of a coffee: ⠀
- Favor espressos with filter coffee. In fact, an espresso contains on average around 60 mg of caffeine. Coffee extracted more slowly, and with more water, contains more caffeine. On average, it contains between 100 and 100 mg of caffeine per cup. A little caffeine simultaneously stimulates intestinal transit, protects against Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, also protects against certain cancers, and against cardiovascular disease in children. people without heart problems. Caffeine also stimulates the metabolism.sme.
- Promote organic and fair trade coffee beans. Coffee, in moderate quantities, is good for our body. It contains a lot of antioxidants, slows down sleep and promotes concentration. It also has antidepressant properties, because it stimulates the production of serotonin and dopamine, the hormone of happiness! Conversely, too much caffeine would cause anxiety. So long live moderation!ration!
- Add adaptogenic mushrooms like reishi, cordyceps, or lion's mane. These roasted mushrooms add a little extra to your morning drink. They each have excellent properties, either supporting the immune system, supporting the neurological system or even promoting good quality sleep and relieving anxiety. The addition of one of these mushrooms also facilitates the metabolism of caffeine, so fewer side effects such as thirst, arrhythmia or increased heart rate, shaking hands, tiredness afterwards. - midday, hypoglycemia and heartburn or digestive discomfort.gestifs.
- The stimulating effect of caffeine is known to be felt fairly quickly, but put us in a state of lack of energy once the effect has abated. A sudden energy followed by a sharp drop and a sudden change in the bar. Add a fatty substance likeme l'MCT oil, coconut or coconut cream to reduce the rate of absorption of caffeine. The effect is more gradual. The 'high' will be less, but focus, energy and alertness will last longer and the 'down' will be less or simply absent. We notice an effect similar to that of green tea.t.
- The goal being to limit the consumption of coffee, if you take your coffee on an empty stomach, the effect will be greater. However, be careful !!! Coffee is an irritant to the digestive tract. For those with suboptimal digestion, it is recommended to take coffee after a meal. It would also be more interesting to consume our favorite drink in the morning between 9:30 am and 11:30 am, when the level of cortisol decreases in our body. The stimulating effect of caffeine will therefore be welcomed..
- Avoid sweetening your coffee. Sugar excites, but does not promote concentration. Conversely, the rise in blood sugar can increase ADHD symptoms and the subsequent drop in blood sugar can cause fatigue, headaches or anxiety.é.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
In the end, it's all a question of dosage. Too much coffee can be harmful to your health. But 1 to 2 coffees per day, maximized using these tips, will give you the benefits of the coffee beans..
Now Enjoy… ⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Scientific opinion on the safety of caffeine; Efsa Journal, May 27, 2015.
- Is coffee a colonic stimulant; S.S. Rao et al. ; Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 19988.
- Scientific Report of the 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Commitee; Health.gov.
Article written by Émilie Riendeau
Naturopath, B. Sc, ND, K. In
Émilie Riendeau can be reached on her social networks: Instagram or by email at: email@example.com⠀