You want to know what are the benefits of dates?
Here is a summary list of the benefits that can be brought to us by the daily consumption of these nourishing berries. We do not usually consume enough, the ideal portion would be around 3 dates per day, or 25 grams, because let's face it, they are sweet. Note that you can consume more if you do a sport, they will help you renew your energy!e!
- Dates are high in both insoluble and soluble fiber, and we know it's important to eat foods high in fiber regularly. 3 dates give you 2 grams of fiber, which is 5 to 8 of the fibers needed in a day. Insoluble fibers help regulate intestinal transit and fight against constipation. Dates therefore help maintain a healthy gut and digestive system. Soluble fiber, on the other hand, plays a role in lowering cholesterol levels and in normalizing glucose and insulin levels. Note that if you aretes diabeticAs these fruits are very sweet, it is strongly recommended to consult your nutritionist before including them in your diet..
- Rich in carbohydrates, they are highly energetic. They contain fructose, dextrose, sucrose and maltose, sugars which provide a real energy supply to the body, and which participate in the fight against arterial hypertension. In addition, they are low in fat, and contain only traces!s!
- Rich in antioxidants: Carotenoids and phenolic compounds are very useful in fighting against the accumulation of fats in the body. And it is recognized that antioxidants fight against aging cells.s.
- They are rich in minerals, such as iron, copper, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. They are particularly rich in potassium, and are therefore excellent for endurance athletes. Potassium is also excellent for reducing blood pressure and the risk of stroke, in the elderly in whom these diseases are more common.s.
- They are also rich in vitamins A1, B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6, which are excellent for the performance of the brain. They also contain vitamin C, E and K. They are therefore a valuable asset for strengthening the immune system.
- Rich in amino acids such as alanine, larginine, glycine, serine, or valine, they help reduce blood pressure, or even reduce joint pain. These amino acids are also involved in muscle mass prose.e.
- Eating dates regularly helps reduce fatigue. They are so nourishing, what a real energy contribution, as well as a support for the immune system! Few dates, often!t!
- Surprisingly, it has been proven that consuming dates a month before the end of pregnancy will decrease pain during childbirth. Indeed, dates contain natural locytocin, which helps to be dilated more quickly during childbirth, which strengthens the uterus and decreases the phases of contractions! Good to know!!!!!!
Date-based recipes to incorporate them into your days:
- Mix one, two or three dates in a blender with your milk or whipped vegetable milk. You can add vanilla, or even a banana and nutmeg, yogurt, or a handful of oats or almond butter! Let the imagination or your pantry be your guide, for a nourishing morning.nt.
- Add dates to your salad: salad, peppers, tomatoes, avocado, dates in pieces, walnuts, sliced chicken breast, sprinkled with sprouts and a good dressing, a perfect dinner..
- Add it to your muffins, breads or patties.
- Add 1 or 2 to your soups, you will be surprised!
- Use them to stuff your poultry
- Serve them as starters, stuffed with blue cheese, nuts or almond paste..
- Prepare a rice pudding with dates.
- Prepare a Moroccan-style lamb or chicken tagine by adding this wonderful fruit that will flavor your meal..
- Or as a snack, to nibblenature or inhiker mix.
A little historye
The date is the berry fruit of the date palm, trees of northern Africa and the Middle East. It has already been consumed for 6000 to 8000 years. Being one of the only fruits that grew in the arid temperatures of the deserts, where it is very hot during the day and very cold at night, it was an integral part of the diet of nomads. Dates giving around 3000 calories per kg, it gave them the energy necessary for their journey. They consumed about 200 kg per year, along with milk, yogurt and butter. Without the date palms, many believe that the evolution of this population would not have been possible.le.
In addition to consuming the fruit, the rest of the tree was used for multiple purposes; the wood was used in the manufacture of dwellings, the denser base of the leaves for building cages, furniture, for firewood and in the making of multiple objects. The fiber was used to make rope, and the leaves to make hats, fans, baskets, etc. Even the stones of the fruits were used to feed animals and in jewelry making. No wonder this tree has been revered in various religions.ns.
Even today, 90% of date palm production is still consumed in the Middle East, and the rest is used for export. There are over 900 varieties of dates, and government departments in several countries have come together to protect genetic diversity and the loss of some varieties for further commercial exploitation.nde.
About 7 million tonnes of dates are consumed per year, in different forms. Fresh, semi-dry, and dried. And again, we find date sugar, date honey. And we find honey tree sap, as well as a sap alcohol. He would even make a coffee substitute with roasted and crushed date stones.s.
You want to taste the one known as the queen of dates Do not hesitate to taste these incredibles organic Deglet Nour dates, fabulous golden Tunisian dates, almost translucent and with a slight taste of honey all their own…
Article written by Audrée Hogue