You feel stressed and anxious You feel buried or have a mountain to climb when you have some normal or more than normal tasks to do You have a hard time staying calmr calme?
Tell yourself that you are not the only one. Anxiety has never been so present and palpable.lpable.
On the one hand, ohhhhh. We are living in a pandemic. The news is not always the most encouraging, and the focus is unfortunately on the most stressful factors rather than the most encouraging in the news reports. Our daily life has changed, we are bored of our loved ones, social life is more than restricted, we rub shoulders with our family but intensively, without the normal breaks of the working day, for those who are teleworking. The fear of the virus is not to be denied either.n plus.
Then the era is instantaneous. News travels around the world at breakneck speed, our brains are bombarded with information from all sources. Social networks, phones, emails, texts, messenger, whats app, video conferencing, anytime, anytime of the day. An answer is slow in coming. Another way to reach you is found.ndre.
The brain has to react and process all of this information, but it is not made to process all of these tasks at breakneck speed without sometimes resting. He must be allowed to take time off from the screens and all those stimuli..
Lère is also in the performance. We have to perform, meet the different professional and family demands, no matter what situation we find ourselves in, which creates a lot of frustration and stress..
Everyone has their ups and downs. It's okay to sometimes feel overwhelmed, stressed and anxious. It's when anxiety begins to control us that it becomes problematic.ue.
Symptoms of anxietyé
Here are some symptoms of anxiety::
- Difficulty sleeping
- Changing mood
- Loss of appetite or the reverse, always being hungryim
- Anxiety attacksé
The more these symptoms are present, the more they become ingrained, and the more difficult it becomes to get rid of them. If you realize that these words are particularly relevant to you, it might be time to take a look.oir.
How to naturally reduce anxietyé
There are a number of ways to decrease anxiety naturally, and to help your body get over these symptoms.s.
- The first thing would be to try to start and end our days without the news screens, social networks, emails, tasks, etc. It can be as easy as getting up with a little yoga routine, a quiet cup of coffee or tea, or even having an intention for our day. Intentions are a great way to prepare your day for a positive outcome. They can be simple: Thank you for the positive attitude I will have today. Or, more complex and targeted on an objective: Thank you for allowing me to complete my file on time. By saying thank you before realizing our intentions, we anticipate our own success. We remember to be grateful throughout the day. At night, you can go to bed reading a few pages from a good book or writing some gratitudes from your day in a booklet. Writing down your highlights for the day helps end the day on a positive note.ositive.
- Another great way to calm down is to use what nature has to offer. Supplementation with certain plants has the properties of bringing us calm, reducing stress, helping us regain serenity, lowering our cortisol levels and boosting our adrenal glands. Products like Stress Less, theAshwagandha, magnesiumSynermag, theSt. John's Wort, are really a big help here. Several other products are available in this page ofStress management are there to help us find a certain serenity.
- Another great way to reduce stress and anxiety is to exercise. As mentioned in the articlee Fight depression, anxiety and stress through sport,?, sport has a big impact on our hormones! Sport therefore helps us to be happy, to have energy and to have a good quality of sleep. If you don't exercise at all, it might be a good idea to incorporate some of it into your routine.e.
- Yes, it sounds simple to say, but in fact, it's taking the time to breathe, and being aware of our breaths, that helps us refocus. Inhale slowly for a count to 4, hold your breath for 4 seconds, and breathe out slowly for a count to 4. Repeat the cycle 3 to 5 times. By focusing on the breath rather than the environment, you will regain your composure. And you can repeat it a few times in your day.née.
- Yoga is also a great way to combine the last two points. Physical activity, which makes us refocus and breathe. See article: : The benefits of yoga and simple postures).
- Aromatherapy is also a natural method of relieving anxiety. The applications of mixtures of essential oils with a mild oil on the body or even essential oil diffusers are particularly interesting and non-invasive as methods. These little wonders of oils trigger neurotransmitters in the brain, which release various sensations and feelings of well-being. The most common essential oils used to reduce anxiety are Ylang-Ylang, True Lavender, Shell Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, and Neroli Oil. Ask in a specialty store for information on which or what mixture would apply the most to you. à vous.
In summary, the 5 senses are the best way to connect with what surrounds you, to refocus and calm down. It is by being fully aware and slowing down that you will be able to regain a sense of calm. And one step at a time, you will be doing what you need to do in your day.ée.
When to ask for help?
Of course, for some people, such measures are not enough to relieve anxiety. If anxiety symptoms increase - such as heart palpitations or excessive sweating due to anxious sensations - it may be time to see a professional. The sooner the better, because the sooner it is taken, the less anchored it will be..
As we say in yoga: Inhale, exhale…
Article written by Audrée Hogue